Tuesday, December 25, 2018

light up December traveler's notebook cover

Hello everyone! It’s my turn to share my project for Chibitronics! and I’d like to share with you a traveler's notebook cover I created with the Chibitronics LED stickers and beautiful embellishments from Felicity Jane, Altenew and Crate Paper.



It is no secret, I'm a traveler's notebook addict, I love to document my daily life story in my TN.  I love the TN format as it allows me to combine the graphic look of a scrapbook page and the journal look of my dairies.


For my project today, I wanted to make my December TN cover more interest and filled with holiday vibes, so I included Chibitronics LED stickers and some of  scrapbooking  embellishments to showcase how well they work together.  Let’s see how it came together!



First, I prepared a patterned paper, two white papers and some embellishments. I started by punching holes on the Christmas light embellishment and the white paper in order to make the LEDs light through.



Second, I drew the parallel circuit template and the switch sketch on the other white paper.  After stuck the copper tape over the template, I added four LED stickers.  

For the switch, I started off cutting the slit with an exacto knife. The mechanics attached underneath the pull-tab is the thing that two squares folded in half, butting up against each other and wrapped with copper tape. That will bridge the gap in the circuit to turn the lights on.



After completing the circuit, I put the white paper which I punched holes at my first step above the circuit paper. Then, arranged embellishments from Felicity Jane and Crate Paper together.



Next, I worked on building my TN cover. I cut window shaped hole on the patterned paper and adhered the die cut window to the patterned paper. I also added the gold alphabet stickers and some stamping to create my TN cover title.

Let’s take a closer look when LEDs turn on: 



The supplies I used are:
Hope you liked today inspiration project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...