Monday, April 2, 2018

Light up jellyfish card for Stamping For Autism Awareness blog hop

Hi friends, this is a cardmaking blog hop organized by Tenia Nelson and Veronica Zalis for autism awareness! 

Here is my card. I light jellyfish up blue using Chibitronics lights.






The picture above is the supplies I used. Of course, it must need Chibitronics' White LEDs MegaPack (30 stickers) and Copper Tape (They didn't be shown on the picture, please click the link to see more information).


First, I used blue distress ink and splashed some water to create the watercolor effects on the background. I stamped three jellyfishes and colored with yellow tone ZIG real brush pens. I also stamped one jellyfish onto the background, and then fussy cut out.

Next, I drew the circuit with pencil on the white card base. 
As you can see, besides the circuit, I also drew the pull-tab sketch.



After stick the copper tape and LED sticker, I glued the jellyfish which I cut out from the background before onto the LED, then punched one hole so that the LED can light through.

Here's a tip: I didn't use blue LED sticker in this card.  You can get the blue light effect by coloring the white LED with blue marker . 

For the switch, I combined the battery switch with pull-tab idea. I started off cutting the slit with an exacto knifethe, create a pull-tab and then heat embossed the sentiment in white on the tab. The mechanics attached underneath the pull-tab is the thing that two squares folded in half, butting up against each other and wrapped with copper tape. That will bridge the gap in the circuit to turn the lights on.

For more details about how to make the switch , you can check out a tutorial here or click my youtube channel.





when you pull the tab…the clear jellyfish made with vellum lights up and the hidden sentiment be shown up at the same time.





That was it for today. I hope you like my cards.
Thanks for stopping by !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...