Wednesday, August 7, 2019

layered cards using Hip Kit Club June kit

Hey everyone, it’s Wei Wei here! I’m excited to be sharing three cards with you today.
 I love that Hip Kit Club June main kit , Embellishment Kit and Pocket Life Kit have so many amazing products that have many texture pattern papers and dimensional embellishments.
Cards are very easy to put together and they are perfect for celebrating the special occasion!
 There are so many ways that you can do to create dimensional cards. You can add different kinds of stickers, such as chipboard stickers and puffy stickers.
For these cards, I not only used “layering” technique, but also added a 3D heart to get more dimension and interest.
For the first card, I created a watercolor background with Lindy’s Stamp Gang from June 2019 Color Kit . Once the colors dried, I layered flowers and leaves die cuts. The 3D heart is super easy to make. I just fussy cut four hearts from American Crafts Vicki Boutin Hearts Paper, and I folded all hearts in half, applied glue on the heart halves, and then adhered them together. I also added a bit of hand stitching to the center of the heart.
 For the second, I layered some background papers and used the puffy alpha stickers to create the dimension and the title. The 3D heart and butterfly sure added the dimension too! I also added the black sentiment stickers to tone down the colors.
 For the third, I started by creating the background with layering two pattern papers and adding some hand stitching. Then, I adhered the flowers embellishments and put a piece of mesh fabric above.
Mesh fabric is a fun element I love to use. It can add a little delicated texture on the card but would not make the main theme lose spotlight. Furthermore, it can balance the all color tone on the card.
Then, I added 3D heart, chipboard sticker, puffy stickers and bird embellishment to finish off.
 I just love how these cards turned out. I hope this have inspired you to use the Hip Kit Club June kit to make your own cards.
XO, Wei Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...