Sunday, March 10, 2019

SKETCH FRIDAY | Wei Wei

Hi friends,





 I'm so excited to share my first Hip Kit Club blog post with you!

My project is a Traveler's Notebook spread and I take on HKC MARCH 8th WEEKLY SKETCH  created by Jana Maiwald-McCarthy. I also have a suggestion to your weekend: Join us over at Hip Kit Club Group (link) and create your own project take on this fabulous sketch!

Here is the sketch for this week:


I had so much fun making this layout, it came together really fast.


Since I am scrapping on a TN format, the first thing I did with this sketch was flip it. The kit I showcased is some gorgeous Pinkfresh Studio and Crate Paper products included in September 2018 Hip Kit Club Project Life  Kit and August 2018 Hip Kit Club Main Scrapbook Kit .


I started with creating my background, I used soft color patterned papers because the tone of my photos is heavy.  I thought it brought out some of the pink, grey and green in my photo well. I also decided to pull it  to the right page.
  

I had two photos that I thought went perfectly with this sketch.  I backed photos with patterned paper and tissue paper.  I also cut up some floral and layered them behind the photo. Butterfly is always match with floral project, so I added a butterfly embellishment with foam tape in front of my photo.

I thought puffy sticker is a perfect way to add title for TN, so I chose purple puffy stickers to the right side of the page.


Since the left side is full of lots of colors and details, I kept the right side more simple, but still added a bite of the floral cut from patterned paper to create some interest and also added journaling to complete my project.

Here is the full and finished spread:


Thank you so much for stopping by and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...