Wednesday, July 3, 2019

HIP KIT CLUB MOOD BOARD INSPIRED CARDS | WEI WEI

Hello Hip Kit Club friends! 
Today I would love to share with you cards that I created with the very pretty June 2019 Main KitJune 2019 Pocket Life Kit and June 2019 Color Kit.
Cards are pretty easy to put together and they are perfect for any occasion! I am using the June mood board as my inspiration. Here is this month’s mood board.
To be honest,  I’m unfamiliar with the color palettes on this picture, and the modern vibes is also not my type! But I still like those fun patterns, such as the purple background on the top second, the black and white patterns on top right corner and bottom left corner. So I decided to use some patterns and textures on my cards.
The first and second cards I put together are pretty similar to each other.
The sketch I used is very simple but they look fun! Once you have a sketch in your mind, the design will come naturally as you put all the elements together.

Both cards have a vertical panel on the front.  I chose the Simple Stories yellow wavy pattern paper and American Crafts lattice pattern paper as my card base.  I have to say that the other side of American Crafts lattice pattern paper includes some journaling cards, banners, watercolor patterns, lined paper…they are so funky and cool! I cut out the lined papers with watercolor texture and phrase as my card panel.

Since both lined papers included phrase on it, I didn’t need to add other title. The only thing I had to do was adding different elements to my cards, such as bold color flowers, leaves, banner die cut,  and some arrow cardstock stickers and so on. I also added foam tapes for the dimensions.
For my third card, I use Simple Stories pastel-colored ombre paper as my card base. To add more textures, I put the Echo Park Paper stencil to the ombre paper, and then applied some purple and orange inks.
I arranged flowers, leaves, and butterfly die cuts, then added bird and phrase chipboard sticker for the finishing touch.

Thank you for standing by. Hope you feel inspired and will try out using this month’s mood board as inspiration as well.
Wei Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...