Saturday, March 21, 2015

Heartfelt thanks


Hi there! Today I’m sharing a thanks card using my darling flower set.
Spring is coming! I am so pleased to see many gorgeous flowers bloom recently in Taiwan.
So I get many inspiration to create my cards.



I wanted to create an abstract and unique background, because I was inspired by ric#80 - Nonoo. There are some abstract watercolour pattern on the model's dress.

I started off with watercolour paper. I got a bowl of water, and drop a little black ink. 
While seeing some black inking pattern on water surface, I put a watercolour paper on it.

Then, I dried the paper with heat gun. I was pleased with how it turned out! There were some beautiful inking pattern on the paper.

For the front theme, I die cut a tag. These flowers and leaves were colored and fussy cut.
I then adhered these flowers and leaves on the tag, stamped the sentiment with black ink.



Here is closeup of the black inking background.




Thank you for standing by.
Have a nice day.

I'm entering to the following challenge
the Shabby Tea Room week#248

13 comments:

  1. What's a great pattern Wei Wei, the wayer colouring turned out great and how wonderful that you are inspired with all that is around you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, thanks for joining Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning and your background really sets off those blooms.
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at Uniko Studio
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful!! LOVE those colors together. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Wei Wei! It's so elegant and pretty, I love how you've incorporated the tag.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! I love the colours you've used and thank you for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Wei Wei. Love your artistry and work. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. This is amazing! Love your background and those flowers...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! The background is great! Thanks for playing over at the RIC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background technique is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...