Saturday, May 18, 2019

HAPPY DAY MINI ALBUM -Hip Kit Club

Hello everybody, It’s Wei Wei here today!
 I’m so excited to share this mini album using the beautiful HKC April PL kit and March PL kit, April embellishment kit as well as paper kit. This mini album is filled with beautiful bright colors and the lovely floral embellishments!
Other than pocket page, how do you use journaling cards?
This album is a “journaling card” size which I constructed using many 3*4 journaling cards. I first cut out four pattern papers as the album cover and back. For the spine of the album, I chose a accordion fold to attach all of my journaling cards because accordion fold spine is very easy to create and you can add pages to this kind of album as many as you need. To make the spine stronger, I added plastic sheet and ribbon (this idea is from Bea Valint).
 You can’t have a mini album of favorite things without including the lovely charms! In my album, I  added charms to the plaited threads and adhered them to the spine of the album. Love how it turned out 🙂
The rest of the pages, I decorated using the beautiful embellishments of kits, like stickers, puffy stickers,…
You can check out a tutorial here that shows you how to make this album. please click my youtube channel here.

I’m showing you some single page in this album!
I love the lovely colors of acetate alphabet! I spelled the “love” and decorated with a puffy sticker. I also added a dimensional and layered sticker to the blank space.

In this page, I cut lines on the journaling card and glued it to the previous journaling card, so it became a pocket!
 Here are the additional spreads inside my album, they look like mini mini album! I used paper sheet and vellum to make the album more interest. Something I often do in my projects is add vellum for mediating color – which is exactly what I did here!
 I also made a small envelope using the 2*2 pink paislee mini swatch book.
The method of the pocket on the journaling card is the same as I mentioned before. The tag inside the pocket is made with the 2*2 paper from pink paislee mini swatch book.
I really love the sentiment on the right side of journaling card, I keep it clean but embellished with thread.
Here is the back side of the thread, I attached it with the floral sticker.
I really hope you like this kind of album and are inspired to create one for yourself! I’m looking forward to sharing more with you! Have a lovely day! 
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...